0 Baked Butternut Squash Ravioli in Sherry Cream Sauce

Tuesday, January 5, 2016



Yesterday I searched for a baked butternut squash ravioli recipe (casserole), and practically everything involved brown butter sage (which I love!) but not what I was looking for. Of course, I had to make up my own! Everyone ate it, including my pasta and squash-hating husband!

2 handfuls of baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup cream sherry
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup grated Parmesan 
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper
Butter and olive oil
2 or 3 sliced cooked chicken breasts
butternut squash ravioli (frozen is fine)
Shredded Mozzarella for topping

Sauté mushrooms, then onions and garlic with salt and pepper (same pan) in butter and olive oil until they are nice and browned. 

Add chicken stock, cream, Parmesan and sherry.  Stir well and bubble over medium heat for about 5 minutes.  Add thyme and cooked chicken and stir gently.

Spoon some sauce into the bottom of a casserole. Layer ravioli and top with the rest of the sauce.  Top with shredded cheese.

Bake covered in foil at 375 for 30 mins, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes until bubbling and cheese is browned. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...